Gwendolyn Spencer Prater Endowed Scholarship In Social Work
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least a junior level undergraduate or graduate student admitted and enrolled full-time in a social work degree program at Jackson State University. Doctoral students, however, are not required to be full-time students and must have passed the comprehensive examination and have the dissertation proposal approved by the dissertation committee to be eligible applicants. Scholarships may be awarded for doctoral dissertation work.
- Graduate student applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above. Undergraduate student applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or above.
- First preference is an African American student or African descent.
- Must present leadership qualities (exemplified by organizational and extracurricular, professional, or community involvement activities)
- First priority is given to students from Vicksburg, MS, including Bovina, MS; second priority to students from the City of Jackson; and third priority to students from Madison County who meet the criteria. Should no qualifying student apply from the designated areas, the scholarship is to be awarded to any other selected qualifying student from the State of Mississippi. If no student resident of MIssissippi qualifies, then the scholarship may be awarded to any qualifying student.
- Division of Graduate Studies, College of Public Service
- Supplemental Questions
- Doctoral students must have passed the comprehensive examination and have the dissertation proposal approved.
- Please write a brief statement on your leadership qualities.